FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- CSWE accredited and 100% flexible online format
- Choose from three distinct specializations: Community Practice for Social Change, Direct Practice – Children, Youth & Families and Direct Practice – Mental Health with Adults
- Advanced track available for BSW applicants
- Same academic standards and distinguished faculty as our on-campus program
- Get hands-on field education experience integrated with coursework
- Scholarships available
- No application fee
Admission to the MSSA program at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences is granted on a selective basis determined by the quality of the total application. An applicant is expected to meet the following minimum requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Evidence of the capacity to succeed in graduate level social work education based on undergraduate work and any previous graduate work. Previous work must include courses in social and behavioral sciences strong enough to ensure the applicant’s ability to do creditable work at the graduate level.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.7. A Miller Analogies Test Score or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required for a grade point average below 2.7.
- Submission of a field education plan and completion of the field education application.
- $100 non-refundable Confirmation Fee upon acceptance into the online MSSA program.
Submit your application today using our online application.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR AND DEADLINES
Important Deadlines for the 2019 Academic Year:
- Spring 2019 Application Deadline 11/2/2018 (for the 1/2/2019 start date)
- Summer 2019 Application Deadline 3/1/2019 (for the 4/22/2019 start date)
- Fall 2019 Application Deadline 6/28/2019 (for the 9/3/2019 start date)
COST OF ATTENDANCE
• Advanced Track = 36 credits*
• Traditional Track = 60 credits
• Per Credit Hour = $1,484**
• Total Tuition = $53,424 – $89,040
• Activity Fee = $18 per credit hour
• Confirmation Fee = $100 upon acceptance into the program
• Books and Supplies = approximately $100-$200 per class for textbooks or approximately
$1,800-$2,500 throughout the full duration of the online MSSA program for textbooks
• Application Fee = None
*Students who have completed a BSW in the past seven years with social work grades B or better are granted Advanced Track standing.
**Tuition rates and fees are based on the 2018/2019 academic year and all information and prices are subject to change.
The MSSA degree fulfills many of the requirements of social work licensure in all 50 states in the United States. To become licensed in any state, you must also complete the licensure exam and complete supervised hours (post-masters). For an explanation of the various licensing requirements for social workers, please visit the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).
Case Western Reserve University’s online Master of Science in Social Administration features two tracks. The Traditional Track for Non-BSW students is a total of 60 credits over 8 semesters and takes as few as two-and-a-half years to complete. The Advanced Standing Track for students with a BSW is a total of 36 credits over 6 semesters and takes as few as 2 years to complete. Each semester has two terms with a short break between terms. Regardless of track, all students will take two courses per academic term. Traditional track students participate in a total of 12 credit hours of Field Education courses throughout the program and Advanced track students participate in 9 total credits.
Visit our website to view our full course list and descriptions.
For CWRU Mandel School faculty information click here.